Friday 25 June 2010

Screenshots of Construction Process















This is a screenshot of me working on my soundtrack for my film 'In The Focus', the thing i enjoy about the program i worked from 'Garageband' is the variety sounds and the novelty of music offered to attend to the visuals you're producing. Also how you can and i did is slow the music down in 'Final Cut Express' to give the feeling of enigma and the disposition of distortion. Here had taken the actual sound and vision from 'Final Cut Express' and adapted the layering sound and rhythm to capture the edge suspenseful feel of my final trailer.














These images are of me working on my film poster, I learnt a lot from the program 'Adobe Photoshop' and was relatively impressed with the liberation of creativity it allows. I discovered the capability of layering image over image, and applying the same color scheme to fit the whole look of the poster. I cropped each image from my actual trailer by using the helpful program 'Grab' in my desktop, then cutting around the image in final cut pro and over layering the images. Also how font text has great effect to a poster by carefully choosing each font to look professional and producing a deep shadow to create the jumping off the page effect to capture the audiences attention.





























Below are screenshots of my editing my trailer in the program "Final Cut Express' having already used the program and compared it others that have previously used like 'Ulead Studio', I understood that this was a big leap in technology and comprehension. I discovered its difference to 'Final Cut Pro' and how it offered more of a range. I Began my trailer with a shot of my production logo that crossfaded into the opening shot of a gun with non-diegetic soundtrack that i had imported from garage band.

The thing i found the most effective is that freedom of speed because in especially projects like the time is of the essence, the things i found of significance were how you could use the keyboard to cut, play and frame skip through the footage as opposed to using the mouse the you have to slowly drag across the screen. Also the liberty the take and whole selection of clip highlight them all drag them aside and include another scene before. I really enjoyed this experience of making this film trailer because i love the feeling of watching images, visuals and sound coming together and performing you predetermined imagination of the screen.




























After editing this film trailer i enjoyed and realized how much of curtail and unsung part of the filmmaking industry this is so I looking into the history of editing and encountered an interesting documentary that reinforces my belief how every second of a frame counts...

/div

No comments: